HOT STONE MASSAGE
Hot stone massage treatment has a sedative effect and is for anyone who is experiencing muscle tension and pain, insomnia, stress and support the healing process and provides deep dimensions of relaxation and well being. The massage is performed by placing hot stones on the body along the energy points.
Hot stone therapy has been practiced in different cultures for many years. Tribal Healers and Village wise women used rocks from the riverbeds and warmed them either in hot coals or hot water.
What to Expect from Hot stone massage
During the massage, smooth, flat, heated volcanic stones are placed along the client’s body to promote relaxation. The hot stones also known as basalt stones are heated between 130 and 145 degrees. Heat has long been used to ease muscle tension and pain, improving blood flow to the affected areas. It may also reduce muscle spasms, increase flexibility and range of motion. It is effective at targeting tension at deep layers.
Essential oils are often incorporated into the massage treatment to experience deep relaxation. Cold therapy can also be used after hot stone to helps relieve inflammation. Depending on your symptoms, alternating hot and cold stones during your session may be helpful.
Sessions vary from 45 min to 90 min.
Benefits of Hot stone massage
- Provides relief from pain associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, back pain, circulatory problems and other chronic conditions
- Decreases pain and muscle spasms
- Reduces chronic stress, depression, insomnia, MS and tension
- Increases flexibility in joints, aiding in easier mobility and movement
- Relieves pain and tension created by strained and contracted muscles
- Promotes deep muscle and tissue relaxation
PURE HOLISTIC MASSAGES & BODYWORKS
This is the place to release daily stress. We use various modalities and offer a range of services.